I am using IBM SPSS Statistics. When trying to open either SPSS data, syntax, or output files by double-clicking on them, I receive the following error: "Cannot find the file 'Path to my file' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available." This happens even if I have SPSS Statistics launched beforehand. How can I fix this?
Resolving The Problem
WARNING: Please be aware that you use the Registry Editor at your own risk. If you use the Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Please make sure you have a current system boot disk before following these steps.
Please try the following:
1. Log on as a local Administrator account.
2. Go to Start->Run and type regedit.
3. Navigate to the appropriate key(s):
For SPSS data files:
For SPSS syntax files:
For SPSS output files:
4. If you see two folders beneath the ddeexec directory, Application and Topic, delete them.
5. Launch SPSS Statistics and open the file type(s) in question using File->Open at least once.
6. Close down the SPSS Statistics application.
You should now be able to double-click on your files without any problems
16 April 2020